Friday, January 8, 2016

Ensemble Recital, October 30th, 2015

     The studio had our annual "Ensemble Recital" on October 30th, 2015. It was filled with duets, trios, and even a piano quartet at the end. As tradition, my sister Jessica and I finished off the recital with a crowd-pleaser, "Freezing Hot!" by Catherine McMichael. The oldest students, Ava Baker, Mary Simons, Carolyn Allen, and Parker Thorson, had the opportunity of playing in a piano quartet. They performed Military March by Schubert and Champagne Toccata by Gillock. Brady Mark played his first duet with partner, Xana Thorson. Of course the twins Brock and Clark Baker performed together as well as siblings Andrew and Annika Pitcher. My daughter Faith played with Makayla Harris and best friends Sophi Deucher and Sadi Kelley performed. The other sibling group was my three children, Dallas, Faith and Angel. Six hands at the same time on one piano was quite a feat, but it sure was a joy to see them perform so flawlessly. To see my students working together and making friendships is one of my favorite things. By performing these ensembles, they learn to give and follow cues, listen more carefully, work together and they always have a blast! I can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment